Best practices (Review Index API)
Below are some best practices for you to get started:
- Our system works with a callback methodology, which means that you make a GET request and then our server does a POST request back to you with the response
- The callback is paginated so if you receive pagination details in the response payload, you should execute another GET with the next page to receive it
- You can learn more in our API docs here: https://docs.datashake.com/reviewindex/about/
When it comes to local businesses, there are two main ways of querying:
1. Submitting a business with address parameters: this is useful if you want to get profiles/reviews for just that one location
curl --location --request GET 'https://reviewindexapi.datashake.com/profiles/?name=Brekkie%20Bowls&api_key=XXX&callback=https://eowqy6p4ewvjt4n.m.pipedream.net&street=100%20Wailea%20Ike%20Dr%20%234&city=Wailea&state=HI&zip_code=96753&country=United%20States'
2. Submitting a business name / domain name: this is useful if you want to get reviews for all locations for a business, and is available upon request
This example requests automatically finds their 55 locations and associated review profiles:
curl --location --request GET 'https://reviewindexapi.datashake.com/profiles/?name=Vitality%20Bowls&domain=vitalitybowls.com&api_key=XXX&callback=https://eowqy6p4ewvjt4n.m.pipedream.net'
We recommend using the name and domain name for software businesses, for example:
- Name: Xero
- Domain: Xero.com
To get profiles:
curl --location --request GET 'https://reviewindexapi.datashake.com/profiles/?name=Xero&domain=xero.com&api_key=XXX&callback=https://eowqy6p4ewvjt4n.m.pipedream.net'
To get reviews:
curl --location --request GET 'https://reviewindexapi.datashake.com/reviews/?domain=xero.com&name=Xero&api_key=XXX&from_date=2022-09-01&update=true&callback=https://eowqy6p4ewvjt4n.m.pipedream.net'